- George Washington made sure that all of his six horses had their teeth brushed every day.
- Thomas Jefferson once received a 1,235 lb block of cheese with a note from his admirers stating: "The greatest cheese in America for the greatest man in America."
- Zachary Taylor never voted in a presidential election. (I guess this is a case of "do as I say, not as I do.)
- Since Benjamin Harrison was often in a bad mood, he was called the "Human Iceberg."
- Harry S. Truman read all 2,000 books in his public library by the time he graduated high school. This even included the encyclopedias. What an inspiration to read!
- Lyndon Johnson let out a holler when he visited the Taj Mahal in order to hear his voice echo.
- Bill Clinton is allergic to cat dander yet, he had a cat while in the White House---Socks.
|courtesy of www.clker.com|