I am total President geek. I love learning pretty much anything about our history. Every year, I look forward to learning some new tidbits on President's Day. Here some interesting facts about our Commanders-in-Chief:
- Benjamin Harrison was the first President to attend a baseball game. He attended a Cincinnati Reds and Washington Senators game on June 6, 1892. The Reds beat the Senators, 7-4.
- When John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were in England, they visited William Shakespeare's home and chipped off a piece of Shakespeare's chair to bring back as a souvenir.
- While he was president, John Quincy Adams enjoyed skinny dipping in the Potomac River early in the morning.
- James Garfield was ambidextrous. He also could write Latin with one hand and Greek with the other---both at the same time.
- Jimmy Carter is the first president to go on record about seeing a UFO.
Check our previous post for some more interesting Presidential facts
Sources: National Geographic