|Last year's bug sculptures at the Morton Arboretum!|
If you are looking for some ideas for this weekend, here are some that we found:
Friday, March 28
- On Friday and Saturday, it will be time to stretch those legs and explore during Exploring Arlington Heights! A Kids Adventure Hunt and Arlington in Pictures A Kids Photo Hunt in Arlington Heights. The Yapa Events fun will run 10AM-3PM-- so start time is flexible. The hunts take about 2 hours to run. The event costs $10 per child, accompanying adult free. There will be a treat at the end! You must register!
- Friday is the last day for Spring Break Activities at the Raupp Museum in Buffalo Grove. Celebrate spring by making a kite from 1:00PM-3:30PM. The activities are free and the museum is a great place to walk around! Plus, they just opened a new Crossroads exhibit which is a little old time village that kids can explore and they always have scavenger hunts. There will also be a free nature walk from 10:30AM-11:30AM. The nature walks begin at the Buffalo Grove Road entrance of Ryklo Park. Lots to do and it is free!
- Sit back and enjoy Fractured Fairytales at the Vernon Area Public Library from 11AM-12PM. The event is free but you must register! GreatWorks Touring Theater Company will perform snippets from your favorite fairytales. Call 224-543-1486 to register.
- Check out the Musical Program with Wendy Morgan and DB at the Indian Trails Public Library in Wheeling from 11:00AM-11:45AM. This is an interactive children's musical program geared towards kids ages 3 and up. The event is free but is limited to 100 participants. Tickets are distributed at the Youth Services Department starting 30 minutes before the show.
- Who can resist Chocolate Walk In Day at Morkes Chocolates in Palatine? The event runs 12PM-6PM on Friday. All you need to do is walk in and you have fun dipping marshmallows, pretzels and rice crispie treats! The event costs $7 per person. What a sweet way to round out your Spring Break or begin the weekend!
Saturday, March 29
- Emerald City presents Llama, Llama at The Book Market in The Glen Town Center this Saturday from 11AM-12PM. The event is free but you must register! You can make a little event of it and enjoy one of The Glen's restaurants after the fun!
- Saturday you still have time to stretch those legs and explore during Exploring Arlington Heights! A Kids Adventure Hunt and Arlington in Pictures A Kids Photo Hunt in Arlington Heights. The Yapa Events fun will run 10AM-3PM--start time is flexible. The event costs $10 per child, accompanying adult free. There will be a treat at the end! You must register!
Sunday, March 30
- Get ready for spring feathered visitors with Build Your Own Birdhouse at the Stillman Nature Center in South Barrington from 1:00PM-3:00PM. Drop in, dress to be outside and bring your own hammer ready to construct! 1 house/family, $5 for members, $10 for non members
- Join Crabtree Nature Center for the Spring Serenade from 1PM-2PM. Resident birds and the early migrators are making their presence known! Take a hike and listen for them!
- Go on a Bucket Bug Hunt at River Trail Nature Center in Northbrook from 1:30PM-2:30PM! Take a walk around and see what bugs were caught in the maple sap buckets. The event is free!