Wow! Santa is already starting to make his appearance this weekend! Plus, those perennial holiday favorites--the craft fairs--are starting to pop up! Need some inspiration this weekend? Here are our family fun picks for the weekend:
Friday, November 7
- November 7-9 The Grove Arts & Crafts Faire, The Grove in Glenview, crafts, art, food creations and more populate most of the buildings on the grounds, check website for more info and discount tickets, you can even take a nice hike after!
- November 7 Santa Arrives at Deer Park Town Center, Kildeer, 6PM, Santa arrives, Stevenson HS Marching Band, Fireworks, free!
- November 7-9 Aquatic Experience, Schaumburg Convention Center, the public aquarium under one roof, shark encounter, fish from around the world exhibit, koi pond, educational experiences, $10 individual daily ticket, $25 for family of up 6 (2 adults, 4 children), kids 5 and under free, check website for more details.
- November 8-9 Showcase of Arts & Crafts, Barrington Park District Office, mixed media arts and crafts for purchase, free admission and parking, Sat 9AM-5PM, Sun 10AM-4PM
- November 8 How I Became a Pirate, Northbrook Theatre, 10AM or 1PM, enjoy a swashbuckling musical!, tickets are $12 pp, order online
- November 8 Yoga Storytime for Families, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 3:30PM-4:15PM, hear a story and then tell it through yoga poses, where comfortable clothing, free event, drop-in!
- November 8 Pumpkin Smash and Bash, Glenview, 3:30PM-4:30PM, bring your old pumpkins for a pumpkin roll competition, free! (make sure candles and lights have been removed from pumpkins)
Sunday, November 9
- November 9 Raupp Museum, Buffalo Grove, 1PM-4PM, a nice little Sunday outing, see the new Crossroads exhibit and step into Buffalo Grove in the 1900's, also check out the main exhibit with cool artifacts showing life throughout the years, pick up a scavenger hunt at front desk, free!