Wishing you a Happy Easter today! Some things are closed today but we have always found Easter a perfect day to enjoy nature--if the weather is conducive! With bare trees, you will be able to see the birds more easily! Here are some ideas on how to enjoy nature today:
- Morton Arboretum in Lisle with an immense and engaging children's garden and the tree house tales plus numerous trails. Always something to explore!
- Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe has a stunning landscape---or should I say landscapes---no matter which season. There are so many wonderful gardens in the Chicago Botanic Garden that each visit will make you feel like you have traveled somewhere new.
- Cosley Zoo in Wheaton where you can enjoy native animal species. We especially enjoyed the duck pond and visiting the coyote and deer.
- River Trail Nature Center in Northbrook which will be hosting Cold-blooded Crawl at 1:30PM. Find out what is it like for native turtles, frogs and snakes to wake from hibernation and meet resident herps for free!
- Independence Grove in Libertyville with its breathtaking lakes and plethora of trails!
- Trailside Museum of Natural History in River Forest with exhibits about native wildlife and trails. Starting at 1PM is Naturalist's Choice which includes free drop in nature activities for families.
- Phillips Park Zoo in Aurora is another great place to visit with native animals. There is a scavenger hunt you can download online to complete while there. Plus, Phillips Park has a wonderful playground and