|Image from Illumination at Morton Arboretum|
Holiday Lights are here! I have a collection of light displays and home displays that I have found throughout the Chicago suburbs and one in Chicago that seems to be one people love to visit. I will add if I find more--particularly the houses. Please feel free to add comments of your finds. Word of mouth is the best way to find these treasures!
Holiday Light Parades
Little Friends Parade of Lights in Naperville, November 29 at 5PM, free
- Illumination at Morton Arboretum in Lisle, November 20-January 2, an interactive light experience in the trees, check website for ticketing and times
- Holiday Magic, Brookfield Zoo, Saturdays & Sundays in Dec, also Dec 28-31, check website for times and prices
- The Festival of Lights, Cosley Zoo in Wheaton, November 27- December 30, lights come on at 3PM and run through 9PM, perfect for younger children, check website for specific times (closed days), free but donations appreciated
- Holiday Festival of Lights, Phillip's Park Zoo, Aurora, drive-thru display, November 27-December 27, Sun-Thurs 5PM-9PM, Fri-Sat 5PM-10PM, free!
- Holiday Lights Lilacia Park, Lombard, December 5-20, check for special events like train rides, etc., lighting ceremony is Dec 5 5:30PM, Dec 6-20 6PM-8PM, Santa visits
- Incredible Light Show, Randhurst Village, Mt. Prospect, starts December 11--21, free, animated projection light show, runs every half hour 6PM-8PM, Dec 11-12, 18-19 preshow at 5:30PM with elves, Santa visits 12PM-5PM Dec 12 & 19
- North School Park, Arlington Heights, November 27-early January (per Village), free!
- Naper Lights, Naper Settlement, Thursdays-Sundays through December 31, 5PM-9PM, free!
- Rosemont Holiday Lights: Holiday Light Displays in different parks in Rosemont, 4PM-1AM daily, free, plus enjoy free ice skating at Frozemont (fee for rental), free!
Impressive Home Displays
- South Barrington Lights--on hiatus this year!
- Lights on Magnolia, Rolling Meadows, November 28(estimated start)-December 31, check website for more detailed times and verify the lights go up November 28 (the website indicates that as an anticipated date), free but collecting non-perishable food items for donation, 4:30PM-midnight
- Christmas on Tiffany, Schaumburg, December 1-December 31, 3 different synchronized shows, check show times on website, free
- Magical House on Hunter Circle, Naperville, light show to music, started on November 24
- Christmas Lights on Cleveland Street, Wilmette, keep checking site--estimated start date of November 30
- Grant-Grusecki House in Park Ridge--Engle Blvd and Belle Plaine Ave sundown to 8:58PM weekdays, 9:58PM weekends, accepts donations for wounded vets
- Snowflake House, Tower Lakes, through December 29, weekdays about 5PM-10PM, weekends about 5PM-11PM, free (Not sure if this is running this year but I am emailing to find out)
- Glenview Lights, follow Facebook for start date, free
- Schaumburg Holiday House Decorating Contest & Tour, Tours December 14 (for ages 18 and up) & 15 leaving from Recreation Center, 6:00PM-8:30PM, $10 per resident, $15 per non, must register
- Twas The Night House, Geneva, a little behind on display due to snow, follow on Facebook to keep up to date
- Road Rallye Christmas Lights Tour December 12 in Schaumburg; by the Wheels Rallye Team in Schaumburg, registration starts at 6PM at Woodfield near Firestone (see website for deets), $10 per car & unwrapped new toy worth $15 or more for Toys For Tots or $25 cash, course will take you through some of the best home and municipal light displays in the suburbs, cars head out at 7PM *cars can be in sightseeing mode!* beginner school at 6:45PM
- Westfield Gardens area Des Plaines, a sizable cluster of festively decorated homes, between Mt. Prospect Road, Wolf Road and Dempster Street, free!
- Sauganash and Edgebrook Homes in Chicago (map link)
- In Palatine, check out the house on Eagle Lane just off of Northwest Highway. Lots of inflatables!
- In Arlington Heights--311 N. Haddow set to music and 1019 S Belmont.