|View from one of the dunes.|
During the height of the summer, the beach does tend to get crowded. So, arriving early is important if you are picky about your spot. We pack a picnic and spend about 3-4 hours there. Although we arrived before the lifeguards were on duty, you will see them during the heart of the day.
|Walking up the dune will reward you with magnificent views.|
|View of the marina from atop the dunes.|
|Emerging sculpture park featuring Michigan artists.|
|Ducks resting along the shore in New Buffalo, Michigan.|
|Yum! Peanut butter chocolate!|
|Charming alley with stores at the end.|
|Warner Vineyard Tasting Room|
- Kayak and paddleboard rentals are available at the beach for both the river and lake.
- Parking in the designated beach lot is $10. Exact amount or credit cards needed; there isn't an attendant.
- There is a playground at the beach. There also are restrooms and a snack shop.
- There are U-Pick areas nearby so we often couple that with our beach trip.
- Bring lots of water and sunscreen!
- If you are looking to stay for a weekend, one of our favorite hotels for families is the Marina Grand.
**Disclosure: No compensation was received for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.