The holidays are here! Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to all of my readers and their families and friends! Here are some activity ideas if you are not too busy over the next couple of days. My family usually takes a ride to check out Christmas lights on the night of Christmas, so maybe something to check out!
Saturday, December 24:
- December 24 It's a Wonderful Life at The Catlow Theater, Barrington, 11AM, $6 pp, kids 11 and under $5
Light Displays to Check Out:
- Holiday Festival of Lights, Phillip's Park Zoo, Aurora, drive-thru display, November 25-December 26, Sun-Thurs 5PM-9PM, Fri-Sat 5PM-10PM, free!
- Holiday Lights Lilacia Park, Lombard, December 3-28, check for special events like train rides, etc., lighting ceremony is Dec 3 5:30PM, Dec 4-18 6PM-8PM, Santa visits on weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun)
- North School Park, Arlington Heights, November 25-early January (per Village), free!
- Naper Lights, Naper Settlement, November 25-December 24, Thursdays-Sundays, 5PM-9PM, Thursday-Saturday, 5PM-7PM Sundays, December 19-24 every day 5PM-9PM, free!
- South Barrington Lights--Thanksgiving-New Year's 5PM-10PM each evening.
- Lights on Magnolia, Rolling Meadows, November 25-December 31, free but collecting non-perishable food items for donation, 4:30PM-midnight
- Christmas on Tiffany, Schaumburg, November 26-December 31, 3 different synchronized shows, check show times on website, free
- Magical House on Hunter Circle, Naperville, light show to music, starts on November 25
- Christmas Lights on Cleveland Street, Wilmette, keep checking site--estimated start date of November 25
- Glenview Lights, follow Facebook for start date, free
- Twas The Night House, Geneva, expected to be up November 26, follow on Facebook to keep up to date
- Westfield Gardens area Des Plaines, a sizable cluster of festively decorated homes, between Mt. Prospect Road, Wolf Road and Dempster Street, free!
- Sauganash and Edgebrook Homes in Chicago (map link)
- In Palatine, check out the house on Eagle Lane just off of Northwest Highway. Lots of inflatables!
- In Arlington Heights--311 N. Haddow set to music and 1019 S Belmont -- not sure if these are running this year but check!
- Lenhertz Ave Christmas Display in Aurora starting December 11; large nativity scene and the story of Christmas; see Facebook for updates
- Grusecki House Park Ridge at Engel Boulevard and Belle Plaine Ave, lights set to music in a Prince tribute, will be collecting donations for Misericordia and Salute Veterans Fund, 5PM-8:55PM Sundays-Thurdays; 5PM-9:55PM Fridays-Saturdays
- Medinah Woods Club subdivision in Itasca on Rt 53 and Medinah Dr. There is a HUGE display and many of the houses around have nice displays as well.
- Schaumburg Christmas Lights at 503 Dartmouth, 4:30PM-10PM Sun-Thurs, Fri-Sat 4:30PM-10:30PM through January 1.
- The Believe House in Naperville at 630 Vicksburg Court 4:30PM-11PM.