Here comes the weekend! Here are some local events to keep you busy!
Saturday, January 21:
- January 21-22 Chicago Travel and Adventure Show, Rosemont, 10AM-5PM Jan. 21 and 11AM-4PM Jan. 22, travel talks, attraction exhibits, hands-on fun like camel rides, a dive pool, etc. see my post on the Chicago Travel and Adventure Show for more info, purchase online tickets for discounted rate of $11 for 1 day, $18 for both with code: CHPR; purchase at show for $15/$22; children ages 16-year-old and under are free
- January 21 Peter and the Wolf, Northbrook Theatre, 10AM or 1PM, musical puppet adaptation of the classic, $12 pp, order online
- January 21 Bird Tales Story Hour, The Wildbird Shack, Mount Prospect, 10:30AM-11:30AM, story time featuring the antics of squirrels, cookies, refreshments, free
- January 21 Rock and Mineral Identification, Lizzadro Museum, Elmhurst, 10:30AM-11:45AM, for kids 8 years old to adult, $5 pp, call to reserve: (630) 833-1616
- January 21 Winter Solstice Fireside, Emily Oakes Nature Center, Skokie, 3:30PM-5:00PM, learn how nature played a role in holiday traditions, short hike, spiced apple cider, crafts, learn myth of Oak King and Holly King, must register, $5 pp
Sunday, January 22:
- January 22 Winter Wonderful Wildlife, River Trail Nature Center, Northbrook, 1:30PM, learn how wildlife must sleep, move or adapt to handle a Chicago winter, free
- January 22 Seed Swap Sunday, Chicago Botanic Garden, Nichols Hall, Glencoe, 3PM-5PM, bring extra seeds to swap, kids activities, learn about seed starting, free, $25 parking fee per car ($20 if purchased online)
- Also, Enchanted Railroad and Travel and Adventure Show from above.