Over the past couple of months, we have had the opportunity to try Epicure Bistro in Barrington on two occasions. My daughter is a huge fan of crêpes, so anywhere that serves them is on her list. So, Epicure is definitely an option that appeals to families. However, it does have a romantic ambiance and is a nice spot for a date night as well.
Our most recent visit was on a Sunday--a day that afforded us the ability to try either breakfast or lunch items according to our fancy. Epicure has a generous selection of crêpes including some of the more common combinations that you would expect as well as some quite inventive creations. The breakfast menu adds special crêpes just for breakfast and that appear hearty and tasty! Of course, there are also dessert crêpes! My daughter tends to be traditionalist and chose La Bistro which is a country ham and Swiss cheese crêpe covered in bechamel parmesan gratinee. This is the second time she has had this crêpe, so easily a favorite!
|La Bistro is a favorite!|
|Huge 3-egg omelette full of veggies!|
The hubs ordered a La Zapata crêpe featuring eggs, guacamole and Swiss cheese with a side of potatoes. Another yummy combo!
|Love the addition of guacamole on La Zapata!|
Things to know:
- There is a children's menu.
- You can order crêpes gluten free and choose from other gluten free options.
- Sunday's hours are only 9AM-2PM, so there is not a dinner service. Plus, Epicure is closed on Mondays.
- There is a sizable dessert menu featuring crêpes but also including brûlée, profiteroles and more--so you may want to leave room or consider coming just for dessert.
- There is a nice size bar inside which also may be a nice place to start an evening.
- There are private party options.
**Disclosure: No compensation was received for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.