The Chicago Botanic Garden has recently opened a new educational facility, the Regenstein Learning Campus, complete with exploratory children's gardens and elements of just plain fun with nature earlier this month. A sunny Sunday invited us to explore these new features.
|Don't you just want to run up and down these hills?|
A water play area at the foot of the hills encourages children to splash around, slip off their shoes and walk through the stream and just investigate with water. There are so many water features in the botanic gardens that are for display, it is nice that kids are permitted to play with one in the learning campus.
|Learn how sustainability is incorporated into the campus.|
|See how a beehive works.|
|Skipping through the garden.|
|Raised flower beds give kids a good look at plants.|
|Encouraging exploration of natural elements.|
|Adventures with sand|
|Step on the boardwalk for a closer view.|
- The center has a Nature Preschool.
- Programs will appeal to all ages.
- Butterflies and Blooms will be moving to the campus to delight families with butterflies year round.
- There are restrooms inside of the Learning Center.
- The campus is located a short walk from the Visitor's Center. We visited the Learning Campus before heading to the Visitor's Center and the main part of the Chicago Botanic Garden