Here are some family fun ideas for the weekend! The prairie burning at Spring Valley is one of my favorites!
- April 1 Easter Egg Hunt, Langendorf Park, Barrington, 10:30AM, Easter egg hunt with goodies inside, bring a basket, for ages 1-10, $5 per child
- April 1-2 Weekend Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides, Volkening Heritage Farm, Schaumburg, 12PM-3PM, $3 pp
- April 1 Blacksmithing Demonstrations, Kline Creek Farm, West Chicago, 1:30PM-3:30PM, free -- also Life on the Farm House Tours 10AM-4:00PM
- April 1 Free Trail Walk at The Grove, Glenview, 2PM, guided trail walk
- April 1 Sunset Fire and Picnic on the Prairie, Spring Valley Nature Center, Schaumburg, 6PM-8:30PM, learn about prairie burn and see prescribed burn, bring a picnic, some grilled food available for purchase, dress for the weather, $3 pp or $12 per family, rain date April 8
- April 2 GPS Scavenger Hunt, River Trail Nature Center, Northbrook, 12PM-2PM, learn about the technology inspired hunt, some units available to borrow or use your own, free
- April 2 Pioneer Living, Sand Ridge Nature Center, South Holland, 1:30PM, visit cabins to learn what pioneers experienced, free