I know that most of us share a similar worry while traveling-concern over leaving items in the hotel or bringing them with us running the risk of misplacing them or tempting pickpockets. Master Lock introduced me to a new portable SafeSpace system that you can bring with you to stow away important items in your hotel room. While some hotels do have in-room safes, they honestly make me nervous. You can tell I am a little paranoid! However, the prospect of having a secondary safe to put within the hotel safe or to have along just in case the room lacks its own safe. Cue the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace:
Using the SafeSpace:
I was pretty excited when Master Lock gave me a chance to give this awesome travel safe a whirl. Overall, I found the 5900D SafeSpace very easy to use. The hardest part is keeping it open to stow stuff--the top does not stay open on its own so you will need to hold it. The size of the safe is perfect for stowing your phone, passport, some cash or cards and even some jewelry. The safe will easily fit in your luggage or even inside your hotel safe in you have one (see--paranoid). Since the SafeSpace is so light, you can even bring it with you on day trips to the beach or pool to lock up your valuables while going for a dip. I am always wondering what to do at the beach, so this is a handy solution!
Tips from my experience trying out Master Lock's 5900D SafeSpace:
- The instructions are taped inside the packaging. Be careful removing them so they do not tear!
- You can set your own personal combination which makes it easier to remember!
- When setting the combo, you have to hold a special lever in place with either a finger or tool. The process is a little tricky, so I recommend having someone help you.
- Be sure to write down your new combo!
- The SafeSpace is the perfect size to fit in your suitcase for summer travels! Extra thumbs-up for being lightweight, too!
- The SafeSpace is water resistant--pretty important to protect your electronic or paper items!
While this particular product is not made in the U.S., I think that it is important to note that Master Lock is a company that does manufacture some of their locks in the U.S. and has brought some of their manufacturing back. I also think it is great that they have come up with some ideas for increasing safety during this busy travel season including items specifically geared towards travel as well as keeping things safe at home.
Since a lot of you out there love to travel like I do, I am so excited to announce that Master Lock will be rewarding one lucky reader with their own Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace! The giveaway will run through June 17. 2014 and is open to US residents 18-years-old and older. Master Lock will mail the prize to the winner. Enter below!a Rafflecopter giveaway