Last weekend, we enjoyed a glorious sunny Sunday afternoon experiencing the Norge Ski Jump in Fox River Grove, Illinois. This year was our first pilgrimage but after all of the fun we had, I can say that we will definitely be back for more. This year's event was particular novel because snow had to be made for the jump since Chicago has been nearly devoid of snow this year. Boots in snow -- such a rarity this year and entirely enjoyable!
The ski jump looks quite menacing for those of us not accustomed to jumping. We were certainly excited to see jumpers climb up the scaffolding and fly from the jump. Lines marked the distances. The goal was to land within the box area or further. The red and blue dashes marked the record jump.
|Skier flying through the air.|
|Some of the revelers.|
|Ski jumper landing.|
- Bring chairs and blankets
- Bring snacks & drinks for tailgating before
- Purchase buttons in advance at local retailers for a discount
- Make sure you stay hydrated. Even in winter dehydration can be an issue.
- Food and drinks are available for purchase.
- Have fun!
**Disclosure: No compensation was received for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.